CHICKEN RUSSIAN KABAB
Crispy crunchy from outside and soft juicy from within. Basic recipe calls for addition of onions too, but coz I, at times, make in bulk & freeze so avoid using onions. And i have added a dash of cheese to make it more appetizing for kids.
- Boneless chicken 250 gms, (boil & shred using fork)
- Potatoes 2 medium, (boiled & mashed)
- Green peas 1/2 cup, (blanch & mash)
- Capsicum, green 1 small, (finely chopped)
- Carrot 1 medium, (grated)
- Garlic 6-7 cloves
- Ginger 1 inch
- Green Chilli 2
- Salt as per taste
- Maida 1 tbsp, roasted
- Lime juice 1 tbsp
- Cheese 1/4 cup, (grated)
- Fresh coriander 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Oil for shallow frying & 1 tsp for cooking veggies
FOR COATING KABABS
- Eggs 2
- Vermicelli (sevayi) 1 cup
- Grind garlic, ginger & green chilli to a paste
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan. Add the ginger garlic chilli paste and saute for 30 seconds on medium flame
- Next add the capsicum & carrot and saute them until soft.
- Then goes the shredded chicken, mashed potato & mashed green peas.
- Cook for a 2 minutes.
- Add roasted maida, and salt. Mix well & cook for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the gas and then add lime juice and mix well. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- When the mixture cools, add grated cheese & fresh coriander. Mix well.
- Grease palms with little oil and make kababs of desired size and shape.
- Now break the eggs, add a pinch of salt and whisk them.
- Now first dip the kabab in egg mix and then coat with vermicelli. Do the same for all the kababs.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a pan, shallow fry the kababs till they turn golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney & tomato sauce.