WHEAT NAAN ON STOVE TOP
Here I shall share a recipe of wheat flour naan with as well as without yeast. Feel free to make it as per you wish.
Naan is a flat bread usually made using Tandoor or oven. But not many of us have these at home. So here’s a quick catch to make this without fancy appliances of ingredients.
- 2 cups Wheat flour(atta)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup curd(dahi)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Warm water to Knead dough
*** If using yeast then dissolve 1 tablespoon yeast and 1 tablespoon sugar in 1/4 cup of warm water and set aside for 15 minutes for proofing.
- In a large mixing bowl, take flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sieve all the ingredients twice or mix well using whisk or fork.
- Now add oil and curd to the flour and using little warm water at a time Knead a soft dough. Smoothen the surface using some oil. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes divide this dough into equal sized balls (approximately 8-10).
- Dust the rolling surface with some flour and roll out one dough ball into a 5 inch round or oblong shape naan.
- Heat a tava. Now wet one surface of the naan and place it on the hot girdle. Follow procedure show in the video to make a yummy naan at home without oven or tandoor.
- Once done brush the naan with butter and sprinkle some green coriander and sesame seeds on top and serve.
*** If using yeast then sift flour and salt . In step 2 add yeast sugar mixture by making a well in the centre of the flour. Knead soft dough by adding oil and curd. Knead for about 7-8 minutes.
Rest the dough for approximately 1 hr or till it doubles in volume.