A well known recipe of Konkan regions of Maharashtra State of India. This recipe needs no introduction. A humble dish wherein prawns are marinated and fried using gram flour and few spices. Makes a real good starter for any occasion
- 15-20 medium sized Prawns
- 1/4 cup Gram flour/besan
- 1 tablespoon corn flour/rice flour
- 3 tablespoon yogurt/Dahi
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon oil for marination
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala to sprinkle before serving.
- Peel and devein the prawns, wash thoroughly and pat dry.
- Marinate the prawns in ginger garlic paste, 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder, coriander powder, lime juice and salt for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze out the extra moisture, add corn flour, gram flour/besan, 1/2 tbsp Kashmiri chilli powder, rest of the lemon juice, yoghurt and 1 tsp of oil.Mix all the spices with the marinated prawns.
- Heat oil for frying the prawns and maintain the temperature throughout frying to medium hot. Fry prawns in small batches and drain in an absorbent paper.
- Sprinkle chat masala and add a dash of lime juice. Toss all the prawns well and serve.