WHOLE-WHEAT CHOCOLATE GLAZED BROWNIES
A VERY HAPPY & PROSPEROUS 2017 to all my followers. Starting this New Year on a sweet note, though not completely but partially healthy.
Butter and Brownie is a match made in heaven. I have tried making these beauties using whole-wheat flour.
- 200 grams Dark chocolate.(2bars from a 400gms Morde dark compound pack)
- 150 grams butter (Can substitute with 3/4 cup olive oil)
- 1&1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1&1/4 cup of whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
*Note all ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180C for 10 minutes. Grease a 8 inch square or round cake tin and line with parchment.
- Using a double boiler method, melt chocolate and butter together and blend it well. Once done set aside for 5 minutes.
- Remove 1/4th cup of this chocolate mix and keep aside for glazing in the end.
- Now to the remaining mix, add powdered sugar, salt eggs, baking powder and vanilla essence. Mix thoroughly to get a uniform mixture.
- Sift half the flour into this mixture and mix to get a lump-free batter. Add 2-3 tablespoons of boiling water if required.
- Now pour this into the greased cake tin and tap it twice to remove bubbles.
- Bake at 180C for about 25 minutes or till the edges start to get firm or become one shade darker than the original batter colour.
- Once baked, cool on a wire rack for almost an hour.
- After an hour spread the chocolate glaze and sprinkle chopped nuts or choco chips. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cut into 9 or 12 pieces and serve.