Off late we have been hearing news of adulteration in almost everything including Milk and milk products. When festivals are around too many scoops and news precipitate about sweet shops being raided and adulterated sweets and mawa been found. The contents used to make these adulterated stuff causes many health hazards. So here is my hack to make this Khoya/Mawa at home. This method is a bit time consuming, but then we would go to any extent to keep our loved one’s safe.
- 1 litre full cream milk
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- In a nonstick pan take milk and bring it to boil.
- Once boiled lower the gas flame and let it reduce completely by stirring often until all its moisture evaporate by adjusting gas flame from medium to sim and you get grainy khoya. It takes approximately 40minutes but the result worth the time
- If you want a brown coloured khoya add sugar once the milk comes to a boil. And then let it reduce.
- For a white/offwhite khoya omit sugar.
- Thats it.. use it in any sweet you make.