A easy and super yummy recipe that can be dished out in a jiffy. Inspired by famous CHEF JAMIE OLIVER with obvious tweaks from my end.
- 25-30 Prawns
- 5 slices of fresh pineapple
- 1 each Bell pepper(red, yellow, green). I used just green one.
- 2 tablespoon oil.
- 8-10 medium sized garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 2 fresh red chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (2 teaspoon for cleansing the prawns)
- 50 ml fresh pineapple juice
- 100 ml orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce.
- 1/2 tablespoon cornflour.
- 2 bulbs of spring onion with greens, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green coriander, chopped
- Carefully devein the prawns and wash them thoroughly using salt and water. Drain excess water and dry using a kitchen towel.
- De-seed the bell peppers and cut them in to 3 pieces lengthwise.
- Using one teaspoon oil, grill the pineapple slices and the bell peppers on a grill pan until well charred. Take off from heat and let the slices rest for about 5 minutes. The roughly wedge/cube them.
- Make szechuan paste using garlic, ginger, salt, red chillies and 1 tablespoon orange juice, in mortar-pestle.
- In a mixing bowl take the clean prawns and the szechuan paste. Splash half tablespoon and mix well.
- In a wok/pan Heat the remaining oil. Add the prawns mixture and cook on a high flame for about 4 minutes.
- In the mean while mix together pineapple juice, orange juice, honey, soya sauce vinegar and cornflour.
- Add this to the prawns and also add the pineapple, bell peppers, chopped spring onions and 3/4 of the chopped coriander. Let this cook and thicken on a high flame.
- Adjust seasonings(salt) and its ready to be served. Garnish with coriander.