Gor papdi or Sukhadi is a well known Gujarati sweet made in almost every Gujju home with some tweaks. I like to keep it simple and quick. So made this one using MICROWAVE.
A humble 3 ingredient recipe made by roasting whole wheat flour in desi ghee(clarified butter) and sweetened with jaggery. Many add cardamon powder, grated coconut and poppy seed. Its all upto one’s choice of taste. But i like it without any flavourings. So Gor Papdi to me is just wheat flour, ghee and Gor(jaggery).
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (atta)
- 1 cup desi ghee
- 2 cup grated/chopped jaggery(Gur)
My ratio is equal proportions of flour and jaggery and ghee is half the quantity of flour.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add flour and ghee.
- Keep the microwave on high(mine is 800W) and set the timer on 7 minutes.
- Keep the flour and ghee mixture bowl in the microwave and start.
- Pause every 1 minute and give the flour a good mix and start again.
- At the end of 7 minutes if you feel the flour is still not well roasted then keep for another extra minute but be alert ,as now there are high chances of flour to be burnt.
- Once well roasted transfer the flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Now take jaggery in the same microwave safe bowl and melt it for a minute.
- Add this molten jaggery to the flour and mix it well with the help of a spoon.
- Now in a greased plate empty the gor papdi and flatten with the base of a small bowl. Score markings to get desired shape and keep aside to cool.
- Once cooled store them in a container and relish on them as long as the last.
P.S mine gets ove in 2 days.😋