A simple sweet fruity tea time cake.
- 1 & 1/2 All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter (i used homemade amul style butter)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange essence
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange rinds(grated orange skin. Only the orange part)
- 1/4 cup tutti-fruti
***Note:- All ingredients should be at room temperature.
- Pre-heat oven at 200C for 10-12 minutes. Grease a cake pan with butter and dust with flour.
- Sift together maida, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- To this blend eggs one at a time. Add orange rinds and essence and mix well.
- Now add sifted flour and orange juice in 2-3 parts. Mix using cut and fold method to form a lump free batter.
- Add tutti-fruti and mix again.
- Pour the batter in cake pan and bake for 30minutes at 180C.
- If a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean means the cake is done.
- Serve with black tea/coffee.