This blog is dedicated to all those who want to bake a cake but are jumbled with measurements and mixing of the ingredients. One of my friend and her gals call it a ‘chalte-chalte’ cake because it is super easy to prepare and bake.
- 1 pack of gulab jamun mix (200gms)
- 3/4 th cup of powdered sugar(castor sugar)
- 1 cup of milk (more if required)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon melted butter.
- Dryfruits of choice
*To make chocolate cake use 3-4 tablespoon cocoa powder or 100 grams of compound dark chocolate or 1/2 cup nutella
- Start to Preheat the oven to at 200C for 10 minutes. Grease the cake tin using some melted butter.
- Dissolve sugar in milk and add vanilla essence to it.
- Sift the Gulab Jamun mix pack 2-3 times
- Whisk together the wet and dry ingredients to form a lump free batter.
- Add melted butter and tutti-frutti/cherries/Dry fruits of your choice. Mix well
- Pour this into the greased cake pan and bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes.
*NOTE:- This cake doesnot require any baking soda or baking powder as the gulab jamun mix already has self raising agents.
For no oven baking please follow the method in WHOLE WHEAT MARBLE CAKE
For microwave cake kindly follow the method used in EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE (IN MICROWAVE).