Winters are knocking at the door and we all feel hungry all the time. Those looking for some healthy power-packed tummy fillers this shorba is the best.
Paya or Lamb legs are know to be the best and most inexpensive source of calcium, protein, amino acid and minerals. It also stimulates our immune system which help us combat allergies, fight degenerative joint diseases and inflammation, helps nail and hair growth and many more.
So here’s a quick and simple
- Paya from one lamb (8nos)
- 2 onions, medium sized.
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds (khuskhus)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (Til)
- 10-12 garlic pods
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder(haldi)
- 1 tablespoon oil.
- 1 litre hot water.(should be hot enough but not boiling hot)
- Salt to taste.
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3-4 green cardamom
- 4 cloves (laung)
- 6-8 black pepper (kali mirch)
- 1 inch cinnamon (dalchini)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 star anise
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds.
- 2 tablespoon chickpea flour, dry roasted.(bhuna hua besan)
- Clean the paya using salt and flour and the wash it well. Set aside in a strainer to drain water.
- Grind together 2 onions, garlic, ginger, green chillies, poppy seeds and sesame seeds to a fine paste.
- In a pressure cooker heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add the onion paste, salt and haldi. Saute for 3-4 minutes on a medium flame.
- Now add the paya and saute on high for 2 minutes. Add water and bring it to boil. Close the cooker lid and let it cook for atleast 10-12 whistles.(1 whistle on high flame and rest on low flame) * It might require more or less than the mentioned time for the paya to cook so kindly adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- In a large sauce pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add the whole spices and allow them to splutter for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and saute till golden brown.
- Now add the chickpea flour and the cooked lamb trotters. Stir well so that no lumps of chickpea flour are formed. Add 1/2 cup hot water, garam masala and adjust salt. Bring it to a boil and done.
- Steaming hot yummy shorba/soup is ready to eat. Serve with roti, naan, bread or just as it is. Enjoyy!!!.