I have discussed in my previous post of SOYA CHUNKS MATAR CURRY, benefits of SOYA as a protein substitute. So just lets begin with another recipe made from SOYA CHUNKS. You can also use soya granules for this.
- 200 grams Soya chunks/granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 4 cups(1 litre) of water for boiling soya chunks
- 1/4 th cup besan(chickpea flour) ,
- 1 medium potato boiled and mashed
- 1 bunch of spring onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder(dhaniya powder)
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder(saunf powder)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice.
- Cornflour for dusting
- 3-4 tablespoon Oil for shallow frying
- In a large pan boil 4 cups of water along with salt. Once the water starts boiling add soya granules/chunks and milk. ***Milk helps remove the typical smell from the soya.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then switch off the flame. Allow it to cool.
- Simultaneously dry roast the besan.
- Once the soya is cooled, strain and squeeze all the water from it.
- Now put this soya chunks/granules in a mixer jar and grind it to a coarse paste.
- Finely chop the onion.
- In a large mixing bowl add the soya paste, chopped onions, mashed potatoes, all the dry spices, salt and lime juice. Mix well thoroughly.
- Make small tikkis of desired shape and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan/grill pan with 1 tablespoon oil. Now dust the tikkis with corn flour and shallow fry until golden brown on both sides by adding oil as required.
- Serve as a tea time snack, starter or a side dish to your friends and family.