I have earlier posted a classic version of EGGLESS TIRAMISU. Now heres presenting a twisted version of the classic Italian dessert..
- 1 EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1 cup MASCAPORNE
- 1 pack of whipping cream (i used Blue bird brand)
- 1 cup fresh orange juice (approx 250ml)
- 1 cup milk (approx 250ml)
- 3 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar/caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange essence
- 1 tablespoon of orange rinds(grated peel of oranges only the colour part is grated here and not the white portion)
- Orange slices for garnishing.
*If you jus can’t wait to make this then kindly substitute MASCAPORNE with hung curd/Greek style yogurt.
- Prepare the whipping cream as per instructions on the packet.
- In a small bowl take cornflour and 5 tablespoon water. Add orange essence and mix well.
- Boil the milk, add half the sugar and let it dissolve. Now add the cornflour mix. Cook until a thick and creamy. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl add MASCAPORNE/ Hung curd and the remaining half of the sugar and whisk well. Add the cooled custard and mix well. To this add the whipped cream and orange rinds. Fold in carefully and gently. Fill this mixtute in a piping bag.
- Now line the serving tray or glass with a layer of chocolate cake. Pour the orange juice liberally and evenly so as to soak the cake. Now pipe some custard cheese cream mixture. Repeat this for the next layer.
- Now refrigerate this glasses for 1 hour for the cream to set.
- Garnish with orange pieces and serve.