Tiramisu in Italian dessert which liteeally means ‘pick me up’ / ‘cheer me up’. It is very light and fluffly and literally lifts up your mood due to presence of coffee. Its also known as the Italian coffee cheese cake.
- 1 EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 1 cup MASCAPORNE
- 1 pack of whipping cream (i used Blue bird brand)
- 1 cup milk (approx 250ml)
- 3 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar/caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoon instant coffee powder
- Grated chocolate for garnishing.
*If you jus can’t wait to make this then kindly substitute MASCAPORNE with hung curd/Greek style yogurt.
- Prepare the whipping cream as per instructions on the packet.
- In a small bowl take cornflour and 5 tablespoon water. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Boil the milk, add half the sugar and let it dissolve. Now add the cornflour mix. Cook until a thick and creamy. Set aside to cool.
- Heat 1/2 cup of water and add instant coffee powder. Mix and keep aside to cool.
- In a bowl add MASCAPORNE and the remaining half of the sugar and whisk well. Add the cooled custard and mix well. To this add the whipped cream and 1 teaspoon of sieved coffee powder. Fold in carefully and gently. Fill this mixtute in a piping bag.
- Now line the serving tray or glass with a layer of chocolate cake. Pour the coffee decoction evenly so as to soak the cake. Now pipe some custard cheese cream mixture. Repeat this for the next layer.
- Now refrigerate this glasses for 1 hour for the cream to set.
- Garnish with grated chocolate or dust cocoa powder on top and enjoy.