Everyone loves to eat pizza. And what a blessing it would be if its homemade and healthy. Stop buying pizza bases from stores when you can make a healthy whole wheat pizza base at home.
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tssp powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Curd/ or 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Oil + For greasing
NOTE:- YOU CAN REPLACE BAKING POWDER AND SODA WITH FRUIT SALT(check out youtube video link)
For Toppings :-
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pack of pizza sauce (homemade) https://youtu.be/cPLZPJhaqM4
- 100 grams processed cheese, grated
- 100 grams of Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 capsicum cubed
- 1 Tomato deseeded and cubed
- 200 grams paneer cut in cubes.
- Into a large bowl add in two cups of whole wheat flour, half cup of plain flour (maida), sugar, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix everything.
- Now make a well in the center with a spoon. Add in 3 tbsp thick curd (yogurt)/lemon juice, 1 tbsp sugar, 2 tbsp oil, and about 3/4 cup of water.
- Mix lightly with a spoon and then add water and knead into a smooth dough (knead on the counter for a few minutes).
- Grease your hands with some oil and pat on top of the dough, so that it is nicely coated with oil and does not form a dry crust after sometime. Keep the bowl in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Once the dough has risen; lightly press it down to release the trapped air and divide into two or four balls (if you like thin pizza base, then divide into four).
- Meanwhile in a pan heat 1 teaspoon oil. Saute paneer and capsicum on medium high flame for about 2 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat a tawa or iron skillet pan; while it is heating, roll out the dough into a circular base. (should fit your tawa). And gently place the rolled out pizza dough into the hot tawa and simmer for 2-3 min or until that side is cooked and lightly browned.
- Now flip to the other side and spread pizza sauce and sautéed paneer and capsicum with tomato cubes on the cooked side along with loads of grated cheese.
- Drizzle a tiny bit of oil around the sides so that the base becomes slightly crisp.
- Cover the pan and cook until cheese melts or the base is cooked (about 3-6 mins on low flame).
FOR A THIN CRUST PIZZA. ROLL THE BASE THIN AND USE BUTTER/ OIL LIBERALLY AND COOK ON A MEDIUM HIGH FLAME IN STEP 7.