A yummy mutton recipe cooked along with spices in its own juices. What makes this dish more tempting is the ‘BHUNA’ part, wherein the mutton is seared till the moisture dries up. The cooking is a bit time consuming but the resultant dish will amaze your tastebuds.
- 1 kilo meat on bone.(I used shank portion, but it also tastes good with Ribs)
- 5 large onions finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 4-5 green chilli slit
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cuminseeds
- 3 green cardamom
- 10-12 black peppercorns
- 3-4 cloves
- 1/2 cup oil/ghee
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup green coriander chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Wash and drain the meat pieces.
- In a nonstick wok/thick bottom pan, heat oil. To this add the whole spices n saute for 30 seconds. Now add the onions and saute till golden brown
- Then goes the ginger garlic paste. Cook this till raw flavour is gone.
- Add meat and saute till it turns light golden.
- Once the meat is browned, add the dry spices and cover the wok and cook till the meat is 90% done.
- Add chopped tomateoes and whisked yogurt. Cover and cook for another 8-10 minutes. Let the moisture dry compeletely.
- Serve hot with roti/ rice/ naan
* You can marinate the meat initially in Salt and raw papaya paste.