Curd/Dahi is considered as most auspicious in Indian culture. Always remember elders in the family telling Do have curd and sugar before going for an exam or an important interview.
Freshly made curd is equally important medically. It is said to be a rich source of probiotics i.e. healthy bacteria required by our gut/intestines.
For this recipe you require thick/hung curd with very less moisture. To save time I have used Greek yogurt which is readily available in markets. This thick curd is mixed with spices and binders and stuffed with dryfruits and pan fried to get the resultant melt-in-mouth fritters.
** If you want you can use hung curd. Tie regular curd in a muslin cloth and let the water drain for 4-5 hours (preferably to be kept in refrigerator to avoid curd getting sour)
- 400 grams Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour (besan).
- 1 tablespoon sago powder(sabudana atta)
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder.
- A pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tablespoon chopped green coriander.
- Salt to taste
- Butter/oil for shallow frying.
- 12-15 Cashewnuts, roughly chopped
- 12-15 Almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 Green chilli finely chopped
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh cream.
- 1 tablespoon chopped green coriander.
- Dry roast the chickpea flour(besan) on slow flame till it changes colour. Allow it to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add dahi, besan, sabudana powder, red chilli powder turmeric powder, cumin powder,green chillies, chopped coriander and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix together all the ingredients listed under for stuffing..
- Now wet your hands and scoop some dahi mixture on the palms. Place a teaspoon of stuffing in the centre. Gently shape the kebabs.
- Simultaneously heat some oil/butter in a nonstick pan.
- Place the kebab and cook until evenly coloured on both sides.
*** Handle and flip the kebabs with utmost care as they are very delicate.
Tip to be noted
Wet your hand properly(The way we do whlie making Mendu wada) so as to get best result in shape.