Soya chunks/soya nuggets are also known as Meal-maker. It is a textuted form of vegetarian protein. To be konwn as one of the richest source of protein and omega-3 fatty acid.
Vegetarian meat substitute, these soya chunks are derived after extraction of soya oil from the beans. A number of yummy recipes can be made out if . Here’s one of them.
- 1 cup Soya chunks
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 4 cups of water(for cooking chunks and peas)
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 tablespoon coconut grated. (Fresh or dessicated any can be used)
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies, slit
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder ( haldi )
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (dhaniya powder)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder.
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or fresh cream (optional)
- Salt to taste.
- In a sauce pan, add 3 cups water and soya chunks. Also add 2 tablespoon milk ( this removes the typical smell from the soya chunks).
- Boil them for 7-8 minutes and then turn off the flame. Strain excess water and cool them.
- Simultaneously boil 1 cup water and cook green peas. This will take approximately 6-8 minutes.
- In another pan, heat and 1 tablespoon oil and add onions and grated coconut. Saute them until it turns golden brown. Grind it to a paste after coing.
- In the same pan, add 2 tablespoon oil. Add cumin seeds amd let the. Splutter.
- Then add the ginger-garlic paste and saute for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes and cook till they become soft.
- Now add dry spices and cook for 1 minute. Now add the onion-coconut paste and cook fo 2 minutes.
- Finally add the soya chunks and peas. Add some water and salt to taste. Bring it to boil and cover the pan. Simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Finally add coconut milk/ cream ,mix well.
- Serve hot with Roti and rice.