THECHA is nothing but a type of chutney prepared by sauteing spicy light coloured green chillies along with garlic and peanuts and then grinding it in to a coarse mixture. A very simple recipe easy to prepare.
Amidst the sweetness of festivities we all crave some spice. With the winters arriving its the best time to share this recipe with everyone. Basically a Farmer’s relish but popular all over Maharashtra. Best enjoyed with bhakri (millet flour flat bread).
- 25-30 green chillies (light green, long ones)
- 12-15 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup peanuts (roasted and skin removed)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Wash and dry the green chillies with the help of a kitchen towel.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Now add peanuts and garlic. Saute for a minute on a slow flame. Add green chillies.
Sauté till they change colour slightly
Allow this to cool. Once cooled, pulse these in a food processor/mixer grinder into a coarse paste.
Season with salt and lime juice. Mix well and serve with Bhakri or Khichadi