These balls are nothing but reconstructive form of cake crumbs or bread crumbs. This crumb is mixed with butter and icing, shaped spherical and coated with frosting like melted chocolates. Very much loved by kids. If held on a skewer or a lollipop stick these cake balls become cake pops.
Here’s a quick simple recipe of cake balls made using our regular whole wheat bread.
- 10-12 dlices of brown bread (you can use any flavoured bread or a small sponge cake)
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 150 gms dark/white chocolate
- 2 tablespoon cream
- 4 tablespoon castor sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla/pineapple essence.
- Trim the edges of bread slices and pulse the slices in a food processor making a fine crumb.
- Chop the chocolate into smaller pieces and melt it using double boiler method.i.e place the chopped chocolate in a glass bowl. Now place a saucepan over gas top and add water. Let the water boil. Now place the chopped chocolate bowl on this saucepan and melt the chocolate.
- Once the chocolate is cooled, add half of this to the bread crumbs.
- Further add essence, melted butter and caster sugar. Mix well and dhape them into spherical balls.Refrigerate these for 10-15 minutes.
- Now dip the chilled balls into the remaining melted chocolate and add colourful chocolate sprinklers.
- Your kids will love these. A very good snack for kids party.