When it comes to Indian sweets, laddoos hold a special place. They sweeten any and every occassion. Making Besan laddoos was considered to be a huge task during earlier days. That slow roasting of flour took hours to get that desired texture and colour. But with advancements in technology things have eased up a lot for us.
Here’s my quick take on making these beasn laddoos injust under 10 minutes using microwave.
- 1 and 1/2 cups chickpea flour/bengal gram flour (besan) approximately 250grams
- 1/4 cup melted clarified butter (desi ghee)70-80grams
- 2 tablespoon semolina (rawa)
- A small pinch of salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar (100grams)
- A pinch of green cardamom powder
1. In a microwave safe cooking bowl add besan, semolina,salt and melted ghee. Mix well.
2. Place this bowl into microwave for a 6minute on low. Make sure to stir the ingredients every 1 minute. Increase the time in case if your flour is not roasted well. It should be fragrant and feel light when mixing with spoon.
Different microwaves have different setting. So it is advisable to use your judgement for your instrument. It took me 6 minute 30 seconds in my samsung microwave at a 320W setting.
3. Once a fluffy light texture is formed as shown in image, remove from microwave and allow this to cool (at room temperature) completely.
4. When the mixture is cooled, add cardamom powder and powdered sugar and mix well. With the help of palms shape this mixtute in to desired sized laddoos. Garnish with toasted almond slivers or kishmish. Let them be out for2-3 hours before you pack them into airtight containers.
*** This proportion yields approximate 10 laddoos of medium size