KALEJI MASALA (LAMB/GOAT LIVER COOKED IN AROMATIC SPICES)
- 1 kaleji (liver) of one lamb
- 2 large onions(finely chopped)
- 5 green chillies chopped)
- 2 inch piece ginger cut into julienne(long strips)
- 3 tbsp fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- 1/2 cup fresh green coriander (dhania) chopped
- 3 large tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup thick yogurt
- 2 tbspginger & garlic paste
- 2 black cardamom (moti elaichi)
- 2 inch cinnamon stick (dalchinni)
- 6-8cloves (laung)
- 8-10 black pepper corns (kali mirch)
- 1tbsp cumin seeds (zeera seeds)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp mix spice powder(garam masala powder)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp heaped cumin powder (zeera powder)
- 1 tbsp heaped coriander powder (dhania powder)
- 4tbsp oil or clarified butter (ghee)
- Heat oil in a pan & add black pepper corns, cloves, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick & black cardamom , along add the onions & ginger & garlic paste mix well and cook till golden brown on high flame.
- When the onions get golden brown add the liver & once it changes it color cook it on low to medium heat till all the natural moistuer dries. *** (do not cover it at all, as it gets hard)
- *ALSO never add salt till the liver is completely cooked.
- Once the liquid dries then add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder & coriander powder mix it.
- Add the tomatoes and cook it till the curry gets thick and the oil separates on high flame.
- When the oil comes on the surface add the yogurt & mix it well and cook it again on a medium till the oil comes on the surface .
- Once the yogurt dries, add fenugreek leaves, fresh ginger, green chillies, mix spice powder & salt mix well and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes on high flame & keep stirring.
- Now add the fresh coriander mix and serve hot with roti or naan.