Who doesnt love cake!? And if made with healthy ingredients then ita a boon.
A simple n quick cake recipe for beginners. Made on gas stove using sand pot method.
- 2&1/2 cup whole wheat flour (i used coarse textured flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4tsp baking soda
- 1&1/4 cup powdered sugar (1cup for eggless cake)
- 4 eggs(Vegetarians use one can of condensed milk.)
- 1cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil (you can use any cooking oil. I have used pomace olive oil)
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 4tbsp cocoa powder
* NOTE – All the ingredients used should be at room temperature. No cold/hot stuff to be used else the outcome will be affected.
1. Take a large wide mouth vessel (patila). Cover its base with 1 inch layer of sand/salt. Keep a wire mesh/low grill stand at the centre. Start heating it on a low flame.
2. In a bowl take sugar and oil. Whisk until it turns creamy.
* For eggless cake add condensed milk also at this stage.
3. Add milk and mix well.
4. Then goes in the eggs one at a time and vanilla essence. Whisk this to get a uniform mixture.(about 6-7 minutes)
5. Sieve together wheat flour,baking powder and baking soda.
6. Incorporate the dry mixture into wet mixture by mixing continuously to get a lump free batter.
7. Divide this batter equally into two separate bowls. To one bowl add the cocoa powder and whisk well.
8. In a greased baking tin, pour a ladle full of plain batter upon that pour a ladle full of chocolate flavour batter.. Keep on repeating this process till no batter left.
9. Now bake this on a low flame for about 40-45minutes.
If a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean means the cake is done.
***If using an oven.. then preheat the oven at 2000C for 10minutes and bake at 180C for 30-35minutes or till the toothpick inserted in centre come out clean. Eggless cake might take a bit longer.