As the title says this cake is not made from usual flour. It is made from Pav. Yes..
Pav or Indian bread bun is an accompaniment with lots of stuff like pav bhaaji, vada pav, kheema pav and our very own dessert double ka meetha.
But what if we make a cake from it.. Yes you read it right CAKE..
- 12nos paav
- 4tbsp cocoa powder
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 150gms milk chocolate(I used 1 big bar dairymilk silk 137gm approx)
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted nuts (cashew,almonds)
- 1 cup castor sugar(1/2 cup for eggless cake)
- 3 eggs( For eggless cake use 1 can condensed milk)
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup cooking oil (I used pomace olive oil)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1tsp lime juice
- Preheat the oven at 200C for 10 minutes
- Tear the paav and blitz them to a coarse powder in a food processor.
- Add cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt to it and blend again for a minute. Set aside
- Melt together chocolate and cream using microwave or Bain Marie method(DOUBLE BOILER METHOD). Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together oil and sugar. Now add eggs one at a time(FOR EGGLESS VERSION ADD CONDENSED MILK IN THIS STEP) and keep whisking for 6-7minutes. Add vanilla essence and mix well. Also add chopped nuts.
- Now add the melted chocolate to the egg sugar mixture and fold in lightly.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients (step 3) into the wet ones in small batches using cut and fold method. The batter is slightly thick at present.
- To the warm water add the lime juice and add this to the cake batter 1-2 tbsp at a time and mix using cut and fold method .
- Once the desired consistency is reached, pour it into a greased cake tin.
- Bake at 180C for 35-40 minutes. (Time may vary. so its advisable to check once after 30 minutes) Check if the cake is done thoroughly using a toothpick. If it comes out clean from the centre means its done.