A well know curry that is served with every Gujarati meal. KADHI. A blend of sourness, sweetness and spiciness. It is a yogurt based dish blended with gram flour and spices and tempered with mustard seeds, chillies and curry leaves.
● 1 cup Yogurt (prefer sour one)
● 5 tablespoon chick pea/gram flour (besan)
● 1/2 inch Ginger +1 Green chilli, coarsely ground
● 2 tablespoon jaggery(gud)/ sugar
● Salt to taste
● 2 cups of water
● 1 teaspoon oil/ghee(preferably ghee)
● 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/sarso)
● 8-10 curry leaves
1. In a saucepan, take yogurt and gram flour. Whisk well.
2. Add jaggery, salt, ginger-chilli paste and water. Mix well.
3. Bring this mixture to a boil on medium heat.
1. In a small pan heat ghee,add mustard seeds and allow them to splutter.
2. Now add slit green chillies and curry leaves and turn off the flame.
3. Pour this on the above cooked curry and cover the pan for 2 minutes.
Your yummy sweet spicy GUJARATI KADHI is ready.
* You can adjust the consistency by increasing or decreasing the quantity if water.
Thick preparation is best to be served with FAFDA