In INDIA we celebrate many different festivals and every festive celebration is associated with food and happy times spend wiyh family and friends.
DIWALI is round the corner. Every year we look out for various recipes of sweets and snacks that we can share and enjoy with family and our guests. We get bored of regular sweets that are offered/gifted during this festival.
So here’s a very simple yet different kind of sweet you can make easily and offer to all. This will surely leave your family and friends impressed
1 coconut deshelled.
1 can condensed milk
200 gms dark chocolate(should be at room temperature)
2tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp cream/malai
1. Carefully remove the brown surface of coconut. Now finely grate the coconut. (You can also churn in mixer)
2. Heat a pan and add grated coconut. Saute on a medium flame for about 3 minutes. Add condenses milk and cook on amedium flame till the mixture starts to cone together. Transfer into another bowl and allow it to cool.
3. Take dark chocolate and cut into smaller pieces. Melt it over double boiler/in a microwave for 30 swconds to 1 minute. Add butter and cream. Mix well. Set aside to cool.
4. Now on flat surface, spread cling film or butter paper. Place the cooled coconut mix and spread with help of a rolling pin into 1 inch thick roti.
Now spread the cooled chocolate mix leaving some space at the edges.
5. Now lift the cling film from one end (separate the cling film from the coconut layer) and roll over till the other end. Wrap in a cling film and refrigerate for half hour.
6. Remove from the fridge and cut into equal size pieces using a sharp knife.
7. Enjoy and gather applaud. HAPPY COOKING